Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total Carnage Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Web hosting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zambini

Web hosting Empty
PostSubject: Web hosting   Web hosting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 10:02 am

Are you guys content with homegoo or do you have a budget for your own domain?
Possibly TC-clan.com or .org or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Phz'
Admin
Admin

Web hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web hosting   Web hosting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:08 pm

good idea, were looking at that atm...

ty, u know many webby were we can get em cheap?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tc-clan.forumotion.com
Zambini

Web hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web hosting   Web hosting Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 7:04 am

Well I was offering you hosting with me. I'm Zambini from the other Total Carnage, I host our site, as well as my own blog (zambinidirect.com), 1 publishing company in Canada (about 1 & 1/2 years), and 3 FTP customers (2 of which have been with me for 2+ years)

Or you can go with a big company like 1&1

Only difference is, I cater to clans and individuals, they cater to big businesses and corporations.

I have no real minimum age (however, you must conduct business in a mature manor, unlike this one client, who I'll never forget, who insisted on calling me names I haven't heard since 3rd grade. On top of that, he wanted to barter with me, with something like a 6 man teamspeak or something ridiculous. Long story short, I didn't host his clan's site... )

I'm gonna be perfectly honest though, if you want 300000gb of webspace and infinity mySQL databases, 50 free domains for signing up, and have access to a credit card go ahead and get from They give you more gb's per buck than I can, and they have lots of clients to show that.

But if you want a flexible host with good prices and personal support (ie: if you need help installing some scripts or setting your site up the way you want it) then tell me what you're looking for (full site, forums, chatroom, blogs, an email for each member and help setting that up) and I'll reply with a price quote.

and yes, I am a verified PayPal business person man thing. Whatever that means nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Phz'
Admin
Admin

Web hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web hosting   Web hosting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 6:11 am

lol, ace man, so how much u reckon just a simple homepage + forums would cost...

something with about 50 member spaces or something, just a simple site...

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Zambini

Web hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web hosting   Web hosting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 8:10 am

Well that'd probably use less than 50 meg (depending on what forum type you decide on)

It looks like these are phpBB, my favorite type of forums next to vBulletin.

You'd be lookin at like $5 bucks a month, and even though you probably won't use it, I'll set it up with a gigabyte to start. I can expand it should you need to at any time.
You'll also need a domain, which is 3 bucks for the first year with free private registration (basically, it makes it so that only the government can access your information, like address and name and phone number), and 5.99/yr after that.

Since its such a small amount, I'd like to request that you do it in 3-month or 6-month installments, because PayPal takes away 30 cents per transaction (part of the business member's fee) I'd want to limit how much PP takes away.
But I can set you up with automatic subscription payment (ie: PayPal automatically pays $15 every 3 months, or $30 every 6 months).

I'll help you install and set up phpBB, and get it updated to the latest version.
Also, if this is your first time using cPanel, I'll help you and show you how to set up and manage emails for your clanmembers, install scripts, make a mySQL database, or whatever.

I have Xfire, and I'm usually on often, but right now I am on vacation in Europe, so I can't be on right now.
When I am back in California, I check my email several times a day (my blackberry has unlimited data plan, and I exploit that very well Smile )

Also, Tuesday (Sept 4th) I will begin my 7 day trip through non-internet accessible areas, and I will return to the e-world shortly after that.

So if you want to get this set up, PM me on my forums with ur email and any other stuff (AIM, msn, etc) and we can get this rollin =P
Back to top Go down
Phz'
Admin
Admin

Web hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web hosting   Web hosting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:31 pm

k man cheers, sounds great dude, i will have card in october...

so i will sort payments out with you then...

$$5 a month is all, are u sure man, and how much is vBulliten??

cheers..
Back to top Go down
Zambini

Web hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web hosting   Web hosting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 3:48 pm

Well, vBulletin is way expensive ($80/yr)and i don't have a license. But of the different methods of forum, its the best.

However, you get equal functionality with phpBB. Plus, phpBB is Open source, so any security problems are patched within like a day.
Back to top Go down
Phz'
Admin
Admin

Web hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web hosting   Web hosting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 5:08 pm

class man cheers, have u got msn addy? i will add u, pm me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zambini

Web hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web hosting   Web hosting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 1:10 am

Ok, well I guess I have to register to see ur msn.

mine = ram89@prodigy.net
Back to top Go down
Zambini

Web hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web hosting   Web hosting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 1:15 am

ok now im registered =P

How come this version of phpBB doesn't have a link on ur username?

weird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Web hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web hosting   Web hosting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Web hosting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: Suggestions-
Jump to: